Inquiring Minds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inquiring Minds

Post by Lena Vershmitz on Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Immediately following the Venture ball, Lena had made her way to see Voïra to inquire about Hellura Brallaugh. The noble lady confused Lena with her rapid change of emotions and interests, as she went from bawling over some guy to interrogating her about her past. Just when it would appear they were making some kind of meaningful connection, Voïra clammed up and demanded Lena leave, which she did, but not because the cream puff told her to.

Other thoughts plagued the Mistborn's mind, forcing her to return to the warehouse in search of another member of their team. It was well past midnight at this point, but Lena's questions demanded answers.

As expected, Sind was in the warehouse and still awake. It was yet to be determined if the strange-eyed girl ever slept. Determined steps carried the red-haired Mistborn across the room toward her target.

"Sind, I have some questions for you that need to be answered."

Lena Vershmitz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inquiring Minds

Post by NashFel on Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:42 am

The child was holding a broken pane of glass and staring with obvious concentration at her own reflection. "Hello, Lena. No promises." Sind turned around and smiled her gap-toothed grin, giving the Mistborn her full attention.

NashFel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Vershmitz on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:03 am

Lena began pacing in front of the small girl, visibly frustrated.

"Okay, well, obviously you're not a normal little girl, if you even are a little girl."

The Mistborn numbered off the following points on her fingers.

"You won't tell me how old you are, which means you're not as young as you look.  You know things little girls shouldn't know, like how to poison people with manure. You're also far stronger than any little girl should be, which I felt when you helped me over the wall and saw when you carried those bags of manure without issue. I'm bigger than you, but I had to burn Pewter to carry that much weight."

The pacing stopped, but her eyes still faced a far wall.

"You're not a Pewter misting because I checked you with Bronze while you were carrying the sacks and you weren't burning anything. You could be a Mistborn, burning Copper like I was, but I don't think that's it either."

Lena turned to face Sind with a pleading look on her face.

"You don't have to tell me anything, Sind, but I really wish you would tell me what you are."

Lena Vershmitz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NashFel on Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:32 am

Sind frowned. "Strength... not meant to be shown. Wanted to help, get you over wall quick, quiet." The girl grumbled, fidgeting with the broken glass. After a moment, she sighed and put the glass down.

"Hiding here, hard. Easier out in wastes."
NashFel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Vershmitz on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:22 am

Lena's demeanor immediately shifted from frustrated to confused as Sind gave her answer. She took a few steps closer to the girl, compassion in her eyes.

"What are you hiding from, Sind?  I can help you.  I have to hide what I am from most people, too. It seems that being a skaa with Mistborn abilities is illegal or something, so I know a good bit about hiding."

"And don't worry. I haven't told any of the others about your strength, so your secret is safe with me, I promise."

Lena Vershmitz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NashFel on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:30 pm

Sind regarded Lena warily, but after a moment the girl seemed to relax, or perhaps give up. "Received blessings. Given strength. Can vitiate organs, liberate bones." The small creature wrapped her arms around her, her hands disappearing under her ragged robe.

"Blessing, also burden," Sind muttered.

"Received secrets. Broken pasts. Inherited thoughts of others. Past blurs with present. Desire what dead want. Gained their strength, but... get confused, sometimes." The urchin's speech had quickened. Perhaps it was a trick of the light, but Lena noticed that muddy brown eyes had dilated, twisting into irregular deep black pools.
NashFel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Vershmitz on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:06 pm

The Mistborn eyes the small girl with curious confusion, her mouth slightly agape. Her eyes dart back and forth across the floor as her mind processes the strange child's words.

"So...you have the strength and thoughts...of the dead? Is it, like, all the dead or just certain ones?"

Lena shakes her head as she tries - and fails - to make sense of it all.

"What was it you said about bones and organs? I didn't quite understand that part."

Lena Vershmitz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NashFel on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:28 pm

Sind did not move. She stood like a small macabre statue, only her eyes and mouth working as she answered the perplexed Mistborn's questions.

"Two. Perhaps more, someday. Definitely two now. Not worth ignoring. Sometimes, fingers twitch, toes stretch, skin crawls. Know it is them, prodding. Usually, worth listening to."

"Given strength. Enough to rend flesh. Pull cartilage free of bone. They come apart so easily." Dark irises swam amid unspilled tears of frustration. "Harder to put back together."

NashFel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Vershmitz on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Lena instinctively burns Pewter in order to make her flesh a little less...rendable; however, her concern for the girl outweighed her fear of the child's strength so she moved to stand next to her, looking out across the vacant space.

"So, you have two different people inside of you telling you what to do? What if they don't agree? That certainly does sound confusing."

At Sind's frustrated statement about putting bodies back together, Lena just nods. "Unless you can burn Pewter or are a skilled medical person, putting flesh back together is pretty difficult. You shouldn't let it upset you, though, Sind."

Lena Vershmitz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top